Contemporary creative culture reblogging. The one central place to read about the latest and greatest issues, techniques, tips and tutorials. Submit requests are welcomed.
- The Typographic Desk ReferenceA quick reference guide of typographic terms and classification with definitions of form and usage for Latin based writing systems. Handy for the desk, the TDR contains over a thousand facts on typography.
Written and designed by Theodore Rosendorf
Typeset in Decatur, Georgia Edited in New Castle, Delaware Printed and bound by Sheridan Books in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Published by Oak Knoll
- AIGAAIGA, the professional association for design, stimulates thinking about design, demonstrates the value of design and empowers the success of designers at each stage of their careers. AIGA’s mission is to advance designing as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force. Founded in 1914, AIGA remains the oldest and largest professional membership organization for design, and is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) educational institution.
- TypographicaTypographica is a review of typefaces and type books, with occasional commentary on fonts and typographic design. Edited by Stephen Coles, also of
The FontFeed and The Mid-Century Modernist.
Founded in 2002 by Joshua Lurie-Terrell. Redesigned in 2009 by Chris Hamamoto and Stephen Coles.
- A List Apart MagazineA List Apart Magazine (ISSN: 1534-0295) explores the design, development, and meaning of web content, with a special focus on web standards and best practices.
- Smashing MagazineFounded in September 2006, Smashing Magazine delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers. Our aim is to inform our readers about the latest trends and techniques in Web development. We try to convince you not with the quantity but with the quality of the information we present. We hope that makes us different. Smashing Magazine is, and always has been, independent.